Solicitor Permit Information
Each organization must be registered with the Village and have a current permit before they begin a solicitation campaign. Organizations are advised not to visit homes with a "no solicitor" sticker. Residents can pick-up no solicitor stickers at Romeoville Village Hall or the Police Department. Any questions can be directed to Administration at 815-886-5636 or the Police Department at 815-886-7219.
- Current organizations with solicitation permits
- Solicitors Permit Application (Please note that once application is approved, the applicant must come into Village Hall to sign off and obtain the physical permit during the Village Hall business hours of 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Friday.)
- Current Solicitation Ordinance
- Download and print a no soliciting sign (PDF)
As a reminder, the No Solicitation Registry shall not apply to news carriers, to persons seeking to collect legitimate amounts due, to any government agency or official thereof in the pursuit of official duties, nor to entities operating under a certificate of public convenience and necessity issued by the State Commerce Commission or Federal Communications Commission. This chapter shall also not apply to members or designated representatives of the press engaged in traditional noncommercial press functions or to persons or organizations specifically exempted from this chapter by virtue of federal legislation or preemptive legislation passed by the state.
NO SOLICITOR REGISTRY
If you prefer not to be visited by solicitors at your residence, enter your name and address to the registry by clicking here. All solicitors will receive a copy of the addresses on the registry with instructions not to solicit there.
- 30-day permit
- Hours are 9 a.m. to dusk
- No solicitation allowed on Sundays or holidays
- Application (can take up to 10 business days for processing-you may not solicit during the application process)
- Copy of Driver's License/State ID
- Non for Profit Organizations are free with proof of Non for Profit status
- Safety vests are required
- No one under the age of 16
- Must remain on the median or striped area (cannot obstruct traffic)
- Only allowed at the following intersections: Weber and Taylor; Weber and Renwick; Route 53 and 135th Street and Route 53 and Taylor
- Permit must be on your person when soliciting and displayed upon request of citizen or law enforcement personnel.
Door to Door
- If residents have a no solicitor sign visible you are not permitted to solicit at that address
- Permit must be displayed at all times along with company badge/ID
- Must get permission from business owner to solicit in front of businesses
- Children must be accompanied by an adult at all times