Come with your friends or meet some new ones at the Romeoville Recreation Center Open Gym to enjoy basketball, gymnastics and walking. For the residents who don’t want to play basketball or volleyball, open gym is also available for walkers.
PARENTAL SUPERVISION IS REQUIRED FOR 5TH GRADE OR YOUNGER. NON-RESIDENT GUESTS MUST BE 18+, OR HAVE A SIGNED WAIVER.
CHILDREN (GRADES 5 & UNDER) $2
YOUTH (GRADES 6-8) $2
HIGH SCHOOL (GRADES 9-12) $3
ADULT (18-49 YEARS) $3
ACTIVE LIVING (50+ YEARS OLD) Free
FIT 4 LIFE FITNESS MEMBER Free
NON-RESIDENT GUEST $10
OPEN GYM ID CARDS
Residents (6th grade & older) are required to register for a free Open Gym ID card annually. Those 17 years of age & younger must be with a parent/legal guardian when registering. Open Gym ID’s must be presented at the front desk to be admitted into Open Gym. No exceptions will be made. A $5 fee will be charged for replacing lost or stolen ID cards. See page 25 for residency information.
WALKING IN THE GYM
Gym shoes must be worn - street shoes are not allowed in the gymnasiums. All residents must obtain a free Open Gym ID from the front desk. Non residents must be accompanied by a Romeoville resident with a current Open Gym ID. FREE to Romeoville Residents. ($2 for Non-Residents)
open gym hours
ACTIVE LIVING (50+ YEARS OLD)
Monday - Friday (9:00AM-12:00PM)
Monday - Friday (9:00AM - 3:00PM)
Monday - Friday (3:00PM - 5:00PM)
Sunday (4:30PM - 6:30PM)
(5/31-9/6: Sundays: 2:30PM-4:30PM)
NO OPEN GYM DATES
12/31, 1/1, 3/6, 3/13, 3/22, 3/27, 4/10, 4/12, 5/22-5/29
Open Gym schedule and availability is contingent upon programming & events.
OPEN GYM RULES
Abuse of gym rules will not be tolerated; offenders may lose gym use privileges. The Recreation Department is not responsible for lost or stolen personal items. Please keep all valuables out of sight, in a locker, or in your car.
- Limited to sporting activities only.
- Food & beverages (including gum & candy) are not allowed in the gym.
- Fighting, swearing, spitting or loitering are not allowed.
- Dunking & dodge ball are not allowed.
- Black sole & dress shoes, hats or loose jewelry are not allowed.
- Gang symbols are not allowed.
- Smoking & chewing tobacco is not allowed.
- Must check in, pay and receive wristband at each visit.
- No disruptive or inappropriate behavior will be tolerated.
GYMNASTICS OPEN GYM
Come out and practice your gymnastics skills or just enjoy the open space to have a little fun! Open gym sessions are on Sundays from 2:30PM-4:30PM.
CLASS MEMBER: $7
NON-CLASS MEMBER: $10
TUMBLEWEEDS MEMBER: $5
OPEN GYM DATES (SUNDAYS)
JANUARY 12, JANUARY 26, FEBRUARY 9. FEBRUARY 23, MARCH 8, MARCH 29, APRIL 19, APRIL 26, MAY 10, MAY 17
GYMNASTICS OPEN GYM RULES
- All participants must be paid and signed in by parent prior to attendance.
- Only gymnasts participating in open gym may use the equipment (please, no parents or siblings).
- No horse playing or roughhousing will be allowed in the gymnastics room.
- Know your limitations. For your own safety, do not attempt skills you haven't been taught in class first, or teach your child skills they are not ready for.
- Parents, please be prompt when picking up children.
- To maintain safe atmosphere, open gym rules must be followed. If rules are not followed, this privilege will be taken away on an individual basis.
- The Recreation Department reserves the right to cancel or change open gym at any time.
- Maximum allotted for any Open Gym is 30 participants.
PARENT & TOT OPEN GYM
Parents can join their toddler as they run, jump, and tumble around the gymnastics room with the help and supervision of an instructor. This two hour open gym time is not a structured class; you may come for the entire 2 hours or drop in as you see fit. Register by the Wednesday before class to reserve your spot. Please wear comfortable clothing.
Interested? Fill out this registration form and submit to the Recreation Department.
AGE: 1-5 FEE: $5R/$8NR
DATES: JANUARY 10, JANUARY 24, FEBRUARY 7, FEBRUARY 21, MARCH 6, MARCH 20, APRIL 3, APRIL 17, MAY 1, MAY 15