In an effort to assist needy families in our community, the Village of Romeoville is sponsoring an Operation Christmas Program for the 2019 holiday season.
IF YOU ARE IN NEED OF ASSISTANCE:
If you are in need of assistance and would like your family to be adopted by area residents and/or businesses, you may register for the program by registering here.
Deadline to register is November 20, 2019. No registrations will be taken after this date.
In an effort to assist those most in need in our community, we will register people based on the number of years they have received assistance. Those who have been assisted through the program at least 3 times in the past 5 years will be placed on a waiting list. Determination as to who will be accepted, will be made once adopters and funds have been received for the program. All who register will be contacted about their acceptance into the program in early December. Exceptions to this will be made on a case-by-case basis by the coordinators of the program and also confirmation of their pick-up time. We try to accommodate all families as much as possible.
Requirements to qualify for this program are:
• Must be a resident of Romeoville (Romeoville postal address) with a photo I.D.
• Proof of current residency must be provided (utility bills, insurance premiums, etc. will be accepted)
• Proof of age of children being registered (school registration, birth certificate)
• Valid Social Security card for all people registering (adults and children)
• Proof of participation in Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) or Women, Infant, and Children program (WIC); (a current notice of approved benefits from the Illinois Department of Human Services; this can be printed from their website at https://ebt-link.illinois.gov. or provided by the local office.)
• If documents are requested for verification purposes, the resident must provide.
TO ADOPT A FAMILY:
Make Christmas more joyful this year by adopting a family through Operation Christmas. If you are interested in adopting a family, complete the form by clicking here.
You will be contacted as soon as possible via email with your family information.
We ask if possible, to purchase at a minimum the following for each family that is adopted:
• 1 new outfit (shirt & pants) for each child ages 12 and under
• 1 new toy for each child 12 and under
• 1 clothing gift certificate in the amount of $30 for each child ages 13-18
• 1 gift certificate for $20 for each child ages 13-18
For questions or more information on the program, call Kathy Beckmann, Marketing Coordinator at (815) 886-5711 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org