Romeoville Metra Station
Service to the new Romeoville Station on Metra's Heritage Corridor Line will begin on February 5, 2018. The station is located on 135th Street (east of Route 53 near the Citgo refinery.) There are currently 123 parking spaces. Parking payments will be managed for the Village by Passport Parking. Reserved permits will be limited to 23 permits with the remainder of the spaces open to daily parking for a $1.00 fee.
The station is located in Zone F, which covers stations located 25 to 30 miles from Chicago, A One-Way Ticket will cost $7.25, while a 10-Ride Ticket will cost $69 and a Monthly Pass will cost $210.25. Click here for the schedule.
- $1.00 per parking space, per day.
- The Romeoville Commuter Parking Lot has a pay station that accepts credit cards and cash (exact change only) for daily parking.
- In addition, you can Pay by Phone or online by downloading the PassportParking App or visiting their website by clicking here. This option has a convenience fee of $.37 per transaction.
- To use the new Passport Parking system, customers register for free. Customers can immediately start using the system with their registered mobile phone. Motorists can also select the option for alerts and reminders fifteen minutes before their time expires. Motorists can track parking expenses, and print reports through the Passport Parking’s secure website.
- Avoid waiting in line to pay at the Metra Daily Parking machine.
- Mobile pay eliminates the need for exact coins and cash to pay for parking.
- View or print your parking receipts online.
- Park and pay with your mobile phone in any parking lot that offers Passport Parking Mobile Pay.
- A digital parking wallet option will be available. Parkers simply add funds to the wallet as needed.
Commuter parking permits are issued on an annual or semiannual basis. Permits can only be purchased online. To obtain a permit, click here. There are 23 permit parking spaces. Permits will go on sale online for Romeoville residents at 8 a.m. CST on January 15, 2018. Proof of residency will need to be uploaded. Permits will go on sale to the general public at 8 a.m. CST on January 22, 2018. If any are still available, a waiting list will be instituted.
• Annual Permit: $250
• Semi-Annual - $125
The current permit holder will receive a renewal opportunity on December 1st of each year.The permit holder will not have to do anything to renew unless they want to opt out, which they can do at any time. If they opt out, the permit is offered to the next person on the wait list.