Veteran and Service Member Banner Program
To honor the men and women who have served in one of the five branches of the armed forces, the Village of Romeoville Veteran’s Commission will recognize their accomplishments with the Romeoville Veteran & Service Member Banner Program.
Proudly display your loved one’s name and branch of service on a beautiful double-sided vinyl patriotic banner that will be on display on the grounds of Village Hall from May through November. After the banners have been displayed, banners will be given to the individuals who purchased them. Three banner options are available: “In Memory” Banners, “In Honor” Banners and “Thank You” Banners. Each banner option is available in two colors.
- A 24” x 62” double-sided vinyl banner will be displayed at Village Hall as a special tribute to a family member, loved one or friend who honorably served their country.
- Only 40 banners will be available for purchase. Banners are on a first come, first serve basis.
- Each banner will cost $45.
- Additional banners can be purchased for home use for the same cost.
- Part of the proceeds will go towards funding Veterans Commission Scholarships and assistance for Veterans.
Rules/Qualifications for the Program:
- Individual must be a current resident of Romeoville or
- Individual is deceased and has previously lived in Romeoville
- There is a 1 pole maximum per household, per year.
- Orders must be received and paid for in person at Romeoville Village Hall, 1050 West Romeo Rd.
- Applications with names or nick names that endorse or advocate religion or specific religious beliefs, have obscene connotations, or demean or attempt to intimidate any group based on the group’s race, ethnicity, age, gender, disability, or sexual orientation will be denied.
- Once the program reaches 40 banners sold, paid applicants will be placed in the following year’s program.
- First time applicants will get precedence in the program.
- After the banners have been displayed, banners will be given to the individuals who purchased them.
If there are spaces left in the program, previous purchasers can choose to have their banner displayed again, with a re-installment fee of $20. The banner must be in good condition to hang again.