Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
Since 1995, the Romeoville Fire Dept. has placed a wreath with red lights at each fire station to remind residents about holiday safety. Each time there is a holiday-related fire from Dec.1st to Jan. 2nd, one red bulb will be replaced by a white one. The Romeoville Fire Department is asking residents to take precautions to help make this holiday season a safe one.
Some suggestions to help make this holiday season safer are:
• Unplug holiday lights before going to bed
• Extinguish candles before leaving home and going to bed
• Keep tree and holiday decorations away from heat sources, such as: fireplaces, space heaters, candles and heating ducts
• When using a fireplace:
• Make sure there is a fire screen in place
• Don’t close the damper until the fire is completely out
• Only burn seasoned firewood
• Test smoke detectors and inform guests of your fire escape plan
• Keep children and pets away from lit candles
• Avoid overloading circuits and extension cords