The Village Board has passed a balanced budget for fiscal year 2023. Among the highlights for the coming year are several capital projects and a reduction in the Village’s portion of the property tax rate for the 8th straight year.
Some of the capital projects included in the budget are street resurfacing, playground and path renovations, LED lighting upgrades, engineering and infrastructure upgrades to prepare for Lake Michigan water, completion of the Romeoville Aquatic Center, Phases I-II of the Romeo Crossing dog park and fields, and water main rehabilitation, to name a few.
“I am proud of our team for continuing to provide outstanding services for our residents while maintaining a balanced budget and reducing the property tax rate,” said Mayor John Noak. “This budget provides maintenance of existing infrastructure and facilities while at the same time adding assets like the aquatic center and new parks.”
As a reminder, the Village’s portion of the property tax bill is roughly 12% or less of the total. The other 88%+ goes to other taxing bodies. Your property tax bill is based on the assessed value of your home, a value that is determined by the township assessor. If you do not know which township you are located in, please visit romeoville.org and click “My Place” in the lefthand column of buttons. Enter your address and information about your property, including your township and contact information for other taxing agencies, will be listed. Contact the township if you feel your home’s value has not been properly assessed.