Why Romeoville? The Village of Romeoville is a dynamic and growing community of 38,000 residents. We area premiere site for commercial and industrial development.
• A strategic location near Chicago with
• Ready access to major transportation routes
• Development potential along the I-55industrial corridor
• Low taxes
• A steadily expanding pool of skilled employees
The Village of Romeoville is enthusiastically committed to the many projects which will build upon the solid economic foundation already in place. Our many resources and plans for future development have created an environment that will attract new businesses and new neighbors. The Village Board has worked diligently to expedite the development process and enhance and upgrade our development standards in order to accommodate world class distribution and manufacturing facilities that make Will County, and Romeoville in particular, a pre-eminent location. The following goals have been set to ensure the success of Romeoville.
• Seek out and attract quality businesses to diversify the local business base
• Improve and increase employment opportunities for local residents
• Conduct business communications, outreach, and retention activities
• Encourage growth in the retail sales tax-producing business base so as to provide additional tax revenues to the Village
• Facilitate redevelopment and revitalization of blighted sites
• Develop an ongoing program for identifying and developing new economic opportunities, focusing on specific retail, commercial and industrial clusters
learning about issues business owners are facing. The fundamental elements of our Business
Retention Program are in-person interviews with business owners; analysis of the survey
results; and development of recommendations for policies and programs to retain and expand