I-55 & Weber Road Interchange
The overall project involves adding a third lane to each direction of Weber Road between 135th Street/Romeo Road and 119th Street/Rodeo Road, with modernized traffic signals, new LED lighting, improved drainage and a barrier median. The entire project wraps up in early 2022.
Motorists can expect delays and should allow extra time for trips through this area. Drivers are urged to pay close attention to flaggers and signs in the work zones, obey the posted speed limits and be on the alert for workers and equipment.
In an effort to assist both businesses and residents through this project, useful information and contact info has been posted to the right.
PROJECT UPDATES AND DOCUMENTS:
I-55 & WEBER ROAD RECONSTRUCTION PROJECT TWO-WEEK OUTLOOK AS OF 10/11/21:
The completion date for the project is 1/10/2022.
- Pouring of sidewalk and ADA ramps north of interchange and pave shared use path.
- Earthwork, aggregate subgrade installation, asphalt shoulder and concrete pavement installation, and sign foundation installation at northeast ramp.
- Earthwork, aggregate subgrade, concrete pavement and storm sewer installation at southeast ramp.
- Installation of concrete median at southwest ramp.
- Concrete gutter and shoulder installation at northwest ramp.
- Earthwork, aggregate subgrade, asphalt shoulder and guardrail installation along I-55.
- Installation of street lighting and traffic signal foundations south of Normantown.
- Pouring of concrete pavement, median and street lighting and traffic signal foundations at Normantown east of Weber.
- Pouring of concrete driveways and gutter at Normantown west of Weber.
- Pouring of concrete pavement, curb and driveways, and paving asphalt pavement at Windham Parkway, reopen intersection to traffic tentatively 10/18.
- Form, set rebar and perform dry run for bridge deck pour.
OVERVIEW OF PROJECT
- Click here to view a PDF of the Weber Road south improvement.
- Click here to view a PDF of information relating to the Weber Road north improvement.
local business information:
For more information click here.
For more information on how you could help our businesses, click here.