I-55 & Weber Road Interchange
Work continues to progress on the new widened Weber Road. The prime contractor, RW Dunteman, is proceeding with the road bed preparation for the temporary concrete pavement from Grand Boulevard to Normantown Road and the permanent concrete pavement from Grand Boulevard to south of 135th Street. The concrete paving is anticipated to start the week after Memorial Day for the temporary pavement from Grand Boulevard to Normantown Road. The permanent concrete pavement from Grand Boulevard to south of 135th Street will proceed upon completion of the temporary pavement. Concrete deliveries for the pavement will require additional trucking and short term flagging operations. Motorists should anticipate heavy traffic along with short periods of stopped traffic to allow trucks to enter and exit the work zone. Motorists are urged to use caution and be patient.
Multiple paving days will be required as weather allows throughout June. In addition to paving other work activities will continue also. A shift in the traffic pattern onto the temporary pavement from Grand Boulevard to Normantown Road is anticipated mid-June. An update will be released when the stage change is scheduled.
The goal of this project is to ease congestion by adding additional lanes of traffic on Weber Road from 135th Street to 119th Street and rebuilding the I-55 Interchange.
In an effort to assist both businesses and residents through this project, useful information and contact info has been posted below.
PROJECT UPDATES AND DOCUMENTS:
I-55 & WEBER ROAD RECONSTRUCTION PROJECT TWO-WEEK OUTLOOK AS OF 6/11/20:
The completion date for the project is 1/10/2022; the original completion date was 8/06/21.
- Box culvert and storm sewer installation on Normantown.
- Embankment placement.
- Ramp grading.
- Pile installation for south bridge abutment.
- Noise wall foundation installation.
- Implementation of Stage 1 traffic staging at slough.
- Temporary pavement construction, then new mainline concrete pavement construction.
- Implementation of Stage 1 traffic staging at slough in coordination with north contract, noise wall post installation.
OVERVIEW OF PROJECT
- Click here to view a PDF of the Weber Road south improvement.
- Click here to view a PDF of information relating to the Weber Road north improvement.
local business information:
For more information click here.
For more information on how you could help our businesses, click here.