Village of Romeoville Service Changes
Village Hall, Police Station, Recreation Center
Beginning Monday, June 22nd, Romeoville village hall, police station, and recreation center will reopen to the public with specialized business hours. To ensure public and staff safety, social distancing and sanitation methods will be instituted, and masks will be required for entry. We ask that all visitors follow directional signage and that sick guests do not enter the facilities.
All three buildings will be open Monday – Friday, 9:00 a.m. – noon, will close for cleaning, and then re-open to the public from 1:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Additionally, the first hour of every day (8:00 – 9:00 a.m.) at village hall will be reserved for senior citizens and those who are more vulnerable. Village Committee and Board meetings will resume in-person attendance with social distancing measures and reduced capacity requirements in place. Meeting rooms will remain closed to outside organizations. Residents and businesses are encouraged to utilize online services when available to avoid in-person traffic.
Fire Department will re-open in Phase 4. Public Works will reopen when the new facility is completed.
Romeoville Athletic & Event Center
Romeoville Athletic & Event Center will be opening its doors on a limited basis starting Monday, June 15th for basketball and volleyball court rentals only. We will also have our basketball shooting machines available to rent. Rental applications will be accepted starting on June 8th. Those interested can call 815-552-3283.
In order to reopen the facility, the following guidelines must be adhered to.
- Maximum participation per half court is a 1:3 coach/trainer to player ratio.
- Sessions will be focused solely on individual skill building. Social distancing requirements must be met.
- Games and body contact are not allowed.
- Parents are not allowed in the facility.
- All visitors must agree to have their temperature taken before entering the facility.
- Anyone entering the facility must wear face masks in the foyer and common areas.
- Minimize sharing of high touch equipment between non-same household individuals. If equipment needs to be shared, coaches/trainers should sanitize equipment before and after use.
- Coach/trainer will assume all responsibility for players under his or her guidance that are entering the facility at your own risk.
- All Illinois DCEO Phase 3 Youth Sports Guidelines shall be followed.
Athletic & Event Center Hours: Mon.-Fri. 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. Closed 1-2 p.m. for cleaning.
Fit 4 Life Fitness Center
The Fit 4 Life Fitness Center re-opens as of Monday, June 29. In accordance with the State of Illinois’ Guidelines, the Parks and Recreation Department has made the appropriate changes to operations to keep your workouts safe and clean. Among the modifications are the following: Limited hours of operation, reserved time on the fitness floor, and reserved group exercise classes. Anyone who is currently exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms will not be allowed enter the premises or utilize the fitness center. Additional guidelines and information can be found online at www.romeoville.org/253/Parks-Recreation.
New Temporary Fitness Hours:
Monday – Friday: 7:00 am – noon, 2:00 pm - 8:30 pm (closed noon - 1:00 pm for deep cleaning)
Saturday – Sunday: 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
During this time, reservations will be available in 60- and 90-minute increments. Following each session, there will be 30-minute cleanings. Reservations must be made in advanced.
To register, please call the front desk at 815-886-6222, the fitness desk at 815-886-6250 or register online at www.romeoville.org/422/Fitness-Center.
Parks & Playgrounds
Romeoville playgrounds are open as of June 27.
Splash pads at and will be open daily beginning Tuesday, June 30th from 8:00am-8:00pm. Use of the splash pad shall comply with IDPH guidelines/recommendations for Phase 4. Please visit www.dph.illinois.gov to review the Phase 4 guidelines.