All dogs and cats are required by Village Ordinance to have a current Animal Tag. The expiration date for every license is July 1st of each year. Tags can be purchased at Romeoville Village Hall, 1050 W. Romeo Rd. Hours: Mon-Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. If you have further questions, please call (815) 886-7200.
- All dogs and cats 6 months or older are required by the State of Illinois to have a rabies tag. When purchasing animal tags, residents must present the rabies certificate as proof of rabies vaccination.
- The expiration date for every license is July 1 of each year. Each animal tag is $4.
- There is no charge for pet tags for service animals and senior citizen's pets.
- To adopt a pet, or to contact the Animal Warden, please call 815-886-1018 or 815-886-7219.
- Any pet found roaming the streets will be impounded and the owner will be charged a pickup and boarding fee.
- All bites, scratches, or other injury to any person by any dog or cat that causes an abrasion or breaking of human skin must be reported to the Police Department.