The Romeoville Village Board has approved a recommendation by the Police Department to decrease the speed limit on portions of six village roads. The changes are all a decrease of five miles per hour. The affected roads are
- Normantown Road (Montrose Dr. to Weber Rd.) – now 30 mph
- 135th Street (New Ave. to Rt. 53) – now 40 mph
- Taylor Road (Rt. 53 for 0.5 miles west) – now 30 mph
- Taylor Road (Southcreek Pkwy. to Weber Rd.) – now 35 mph
- Southcreek Parkway (Chicago Tube Dr. to 0.25 miles east of Pinnacle Dr.) – now 35 mph
- Airport Road (0.5 miles west of Weber Rd. to Frontage Rd.) – now 35 mph
The Romeoville Police Department routinely reviews roadway safety improvements. Residents that have traffic concerns should contact the police department at 815-886-7219.